www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Even Steven

I've never really considered myself a super manly man. Sure, I'll gawk at a '67 Shelby Mustang GT500, dream of one day owning an 18" radial arm saw, and will actually sit through a 40 minute classic UFC fight waiting for Royce Gracie to lock in a triangle arm bar. However, I also enjoy chick flicks and have been to a few musicals in my day.

This past Sunday, I met up with a group of girl friends for lunch. Lunch was then followed by what seemed to me as a marathon shopping session which consisted of the them shopping and me trying to find a comfortable seat to park myself on. And shopping was followed by talk about hair, make up, and area-specific weight gain over tea and desserts. While I enjoyed the company and the lunch and desserts were good, by the end of the night, I felt somewhat out of kilter.

Last night, I met up with a group of guy friends for beers and college basketball at Hooters. This morning I feel balanced again.

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we also went to red lobster, remember? you failed to mention that for dinner at red lobster, you ordered a salad (a girly dish) while the rest of us chomped on creatures from the land and sea.

i'm looking forward to next sunday...maybe we can go to the olive garden after spending the whole day at century 21!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger joaners said...

hey man, at any one point during the whole day, you had the option to leave... but not once did you venture into the subway station that was only 30 feet away from the stores we were at. you stayed!!! says something about girl talk and shopping... admit it, you enjoyed it.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Peter said...

There was chicken in my salad and I had one piece of shrimp.

And shoot, I couldn't leave and pass up the opportunity to go to Red Lobster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home