www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year

I've got an aunt who has recently discovered the joys of e-mail. Of the many e-mails she's sent since this new epiphany, I think only 10 or so had subject lines not prefaced by "FW:". So it's understandable that I don't necessarily read her e-mails on a timely basis if at all.

Yesterday, I finally replied to an e-mail of hers asking for mailing addresses for the various extended family members spread out across the country and a few abroad. I clicked the reply button -- note that I clicked reply and not reply-to-all -- and sent her my relevant information. To this, I got this reply back, with all the family members magically back on the "To:" line:

From: Peggy Chan
Date: Jan 4, 2006 2:24 AM
Subject: Fwd: Re: family mailing address
To: Dan Chan, Frank Chan, jackie chan, Janet Chan, Joe chan, Laikan chan, peter chan, raymond chan, rita chan, ron chan, steve S chan, walter chan, wendy chan, nadine live yu tong, sam pederson, teresa tsang, lillian tsang, nally tsang, william tsang, winston tsang

Dear Peter: Happy New Year, I have a long conversation
with your mother this x'mas, we both think you and
Steve need to find a girl friend this year, good
luck. Love Aunt Peggy

--- Peter Chan wrote:

> Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:52:20 -0500
> From: Peter Chan
> To: Peggy Chan
> Subject: Re: family mailing address
>
> Sorry, I forgot to send this to you earlier. Here's
> my address:

Joy.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word among the Chan Clan is that there is now a finders fee. So I went out today and gathered six phone numbers for you from various eligible women I met on the bus (environmentally conscious), at the coffee shop (hip) and at the library (literate). Let me know and I can forward them to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home