www.flickr.com

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lonely Planet


Great right-handed cup...
Originally uploaded by crazypete04.


About a week into my first leg of (f)unemployment travels, I've learned the following:

1. Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, while conveniently in one Lonely Planet book, are each fairly different. If anyone does this trip at some point, I'd recommend going in the order above rather than the reverse as listed in the book. Pros: people seem to get friendlier in this order. Cons: things definitely get more expensive.

2. When traveling alone, all I do is eat, wander, drink, wander, eat, wander... And if I start too early in the morning, by noon I'll be on my third cup of coffee and my hands start getting shaky. It's now 12:41 and I'm wondering if I should control my coffee intake and wait for the shaky hands to go away or start counter-acting it with beer.

3. It takes me about a week of traveling alone before I'm bored enough to start talking to strangers.

Leg one is almost up. Leg two to follow soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home