www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

VLOOKUP and Twizzlers

Today at work, I've re-learned the VLOOKUP function of Excel for probably the 5th time. I've decided to start learning more transferrable skills in hopes of finding a new job in the near future. However, I can't imagine that I'd actual want a job that asks me in the interview whether or not I can create linked spreadsheets. Sadly, I've also spent the last 5 years learning that I don't want a job that asks whether I can explain a multiple factor risk model or a monte carlo simulation derived value at risk number.

So, on a more exciting note, today at work, I also learned that you can not use a strawberry Twizzlers twist to push the buttons on a 3rd generation (non-click wheel) iPod. I then followed this experiment by trying the corner of my wallet, the cap of a mechanical pencil, the antenna of my cell phone, and the edge of a styrofoam cup. None of these worked either. Turns out that only my finger and my finger through a paper napkin will work on the touch pad buttons of my iPod. About 18 years ago, I got my first clock radio with a similar touch pad button to turn off the alarm. I remember running a similar experiment back then.

Strange, 13 years of formal education since and I still haven't learned how that touch pad technology works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home