www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

City of Brotherly Love

This past weekend, I caught one of the many Chinatown busses out to Philadelphia. Sadly, having been on the East Coast for over a year, this is only the second East Coast city that I've managed to visit (not including New York, of course).

I did managed to do some touristy stuff however. First was my trip to the intersection of E. Passyunk Avenue and S. 9th Street. It's at this corner that Pat's King of Steaks and Geno's Steaks duke it out over who invented the Philly Cheesesteak and who currently makes the better one. Unfortunately, I only tried Pat's so I can't cast my ballot yet.

I also managed to catch glimpses of the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. I didn't manage to actually go inside Independence Hall. Turns out, in order to get into the building where our country's Founding Fathers discussed ideas like unreasonable searches and seizures, you have to stand in a forty-five minute line to walk through a metal detector and have your belongings x-rayed. Ironic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home