www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

New York Delivered

I've briefly mentioned my love of delivery service in New York in a previous post. For example, tomorrow morning I plan to call the laundromat to have my washed-and-folded clothes delivered. Thursday night, my groceries will be brought to the door of my 5th floor walk-up apartment sometime between 6-8pm. And at any given time on any given day, I can order from one of hundreds of restaurants and within minutes, someone will buzz my apartment with anything from cuban food to chinese food to cuban-chinese food.

Tonight, the restaurant of choice was the Chirping Chicken, a roasted chicken place a few blocks away. Now normally, when I answer the intercom, someone on the other side replies "delivery" or "laundry." This time, I picked up the intercom and hear a very enthusiastic "chick-ENNNN!!" from the other end. Now there's a guy who likes job. I tipped him an extra buck. Not sure if it was for his extra enthusiasm or for the laugh I got at someone yelling "chick-ENNNN!!" into my intercom but it seemed well deserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home