www.flickr.com

Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Western Wall, the Dome of the Rock, and Google

With the recent events in the Gaza Strip, I decided to spend some of my free time at work Googling some of the historical context behind the conflict there. I found one explanation on ChristianAnswers.Net. Curious that you'd go to a Christian site to find answers regarding Muslim and Jewish conflicts.

Anyhow, after some searching, I found that the best information I got was actually from the guy that sits next to me at work. He provides me with unbiased background info on Judaism from the perspective of a somewhat jaded and cynical Jew. Now if I could find a cynical Muslim, a jaded Christian, and maybe a disenchanted Buddhist to sit by me, we could turn our corner of the office into a nice non-practicing, religiously skeptical, theological learning center.

*Disclaimer: this post is in no way an attempt to promote any one particular religious doctrine nor belittle any other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home