www.flickr.com

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Countdown

As much as I've enjoyed New York over the past 2 years, my days here are now numbered. At the end of May, I'll be returning to California. That leaves me with just under 7 weeks to do everything that someone who's lived in New York and the East Coast should have done. The problem is, I haven't actually figured out what those things are. So far, I've come up with going to the Empire State Building and riding the Staten Island Ferry. And to be honest, I wouldn't be too disappointed if the Empire State Building trip never happens.

So any recommendations of things to do, sights to see, places to eat, and the like would be appreciated. In the meantime, I'll continue to work on the goal I've had since moving here: seeing every subway station in NYC. I might have to scale that down to just Manhattan since I've only got about 45 days left.

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger joaners said...

hmmm, subway stations? well, if i try to catch the sat am flight from jfk tomorrow, we can take the E over to the airtrain... that should knock more than a few stations off your list. i took the A train JFK today after i couldn't get on any flights. whack.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Hmm...Nantucket. Heard they make good nectars over there.

No set departure date yet but I'm shooting for May 30th to avoid the holiday traffic.

As for the train stations, I think I actually have to get off the train in order for the visit to count.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home