www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Going Cross Country...Well, Sort Of (Day 1)

After a morning of packing the rest of my belongings into the rental car, I finally made it on the road to start the first day of my cross-country road trip in the early afternoon. I pull out of my block and reach for my iPod and cassette adapter gearing up for a relatively short leg to Philadelphia. What's this?!? I knew it! The nearly new Ford Taurus that I've rented only has a CD player. Crap. Well, no big deal. It's not too rural between NY and Philly. I can deal with the radio until I get to Philly there I'll pick up the FM transmitter iPod adapter there. Crisis averted.

And so I continue. One hand on the steering wheel, the other poking at the radio's "Scan" button. I was making good time. And while I'm a bit tired, I've managed to sing my way through Phil Collins, Bobby Caldwell, Earth Wind and Fire, Kool and the....OH NO!! 40 miles out of NYC, I've realized that the bag of laundry that I brought to the wash-and-fold in the morning and asked to have ready by 1pm is sitting washed and folded...back at the laundromat. Damn it! Foiled again by the cursed Old Man Brain and it's failing memory.

Old Man Brain, you owe me $10 in extra tolls and two hours of my life back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home