www.flickr.com

Friday, June 02, 2006

Fallingwater - Day 3


Fallingwater (from the walkway)
Originally uploaded by crazypete04.


If you'd asked me anytime time in elementary school what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would have told you that I was going to be an architect. Okay, sure, it's nerdy and I'm sure I was supposed to say something along the lines of fireman or astronaut but when I was a kid, the thought of carrying big tubes of blueprints and having a cool drafting table intrigued me.

I never did become an architect. However, on day 3 of this road trip, I did manage to stop by one of Frank Lloyd Wright's more well known designs - Fallingwater. While there, I met an architectural photographer that was in my tour group. We chatted a little about photography and pubs in New York City. I'll sum up our 30 minute coversation with these two points: (1) Randomly cropped photos are a telltale sign to pros that the shot was done by an amateur shooting on digital and (2) if you're ever at McSorley's in the East Village of NYC, look up at the wagon wheel light and see if you find chicken bones hanging from it. If you do, take a sip of your next beer in honor of the doughboys who never made it back from WWI to take that chicken bone down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home